GoDaddy is one of the most popular options for people looking to build their websites. From domains to hosting, they’ve got everything covered for entrepreneurs worldwide. They also offer shared hosting, which is an affordable resource for people trying to cut initial costs. So, here is our quick review of GoDaddy!
But before you get a subscription, read this GoDaddy review first. Get yourself familiar with its features, pricing, and pros and cons so you can better gauge if it’s the right service provider.
Overview and Features
Before we go to the meat of this GoDaddy review, let’s first get to know a bit more about the company. GoDaddy takes pride in being the “world’s largest services platform for entrepreneurs” by providing the tools needed to grow online.
They also claim to be the world’s largest registrar and say people trust them more than any other domain provider. It’s true that having the right domain can do a lot to boost your business, and GoDaddy strives to offer a wide selection and domain name suggestions.
If it’s your first time building a website and you need all the help you can get, you can rest assured that they’ll be there to assist you. They have award-winning support, with smart, friendly domain experts ready just a ring away.
This company has 14 offices around the globe – from Seattle to Belgrade – working to empower over 20 million entrepreneurs using the platform. They have also had 80 million domain names, which only goes to show the extent of their reach. Here are the services they offer clients:
The company claims GoDaddy hosting to be the world’s number one web host. Though other providers, such as Bluehost and Hostinger, also claim this feat, GoDaddy surely seems to be one of the top hosting companies.
They promise superior performance and load times, as well as 99.9 percent guaranteed uptime, so that’s always a plus. The packages also include an easy-to-use control panel, one-click install of 150 free apps, and 24/7 network security.
Whether you’re still looking for a domain name or you already have a specific one in mind, the website offers a great resource. Aside from a domain name search, you can also use their bulk domain search and explore new domain extensions.
If the domain that you want is already taken, you can also use their domain broker service. For a fee and a 20 percent commission, they’ll negotiate with the current owner to get the domain for you. Also, you can stay anonymous throughout the whole process.
GoDaddy also offers a website builder that allows a user to create a website without needing to know anything about coding. Aside from regular websites, you can also create an online store with this platform. It allows users to add up to 5,000 products, with up to 10 images per product. And once the sales start coming, the platform also provides capabilities for accepting payment, including major credit cards, Apple Pay, and PayPal.
The platform also offers web security – SSL, EV SSL, OV SSL certificates, and more. This shows your visitors your authenticity, which is a crucial element in online ventures.
So here’s one of the most important parts of any GoDaddy review – how much would it cost a user? The answer largely depends on the type of service and package you get from them.
For this specific review, let’s focus on their hosting services. The platform’s pricing rates start at a low price, specifically for their shared hosting. Their pricing starts at $2.99 per month for shared hosting. This is a very affordable rate, especially for those who are still dipping their toes into building and maintaining their website. This package is recommended for basic websites and blogs with low to moderate traffic.
As for business WordPress hosting, the costs go up to around $4.99 per month. This is a bit higher than the former, but still affordable nonetheless. On the other hand, VPS hosting costs $19.99 per month. If you need dedicated hosting, however, be ready to pay a minimum of $89.99 per month.
Pros and Cons of GoDaddy
Now let’s look at the advantages and disadvantages of GoDaddy.
Here are some of the benefits of the platform:
- Ease of use is one of the commonly-mentioned positive factors in GoDaddy domain reviews. The platform’s interface is user-friendly, making it an excellent option for newbies who don’t have prior experience.
- When it comes to storage, the platform offers a generous 250,000-file allowance for each user. In relation to that, all the plans also provide ample bandwidth for site traffic.
- Shared hosting plans can also come with an Office 365 email, which is a nice freebie.
Here are some of the disadvantages of GoDaddy:
- One of the most common GoDaddy complaints is the lack of migration services. Unlike other providers, GoDaddy won’t assist you if you want to migrate your website from another host to its platform.
- Though the lowest plans can be affordable, the add-on fees can add up. Even the backups and SSL certificates, which can be considered basic, will also incur additional costs.
- Some users find the platform lacking in the website development department. Because it’s not their main product, it may not have the functionalities offered by other platforms that put development on top of their priorities. As a result, you need to use third-party apps to incorporate any other functions that don’t come with the platform.
All-in-all, GoDaddy can be a practical solution if you don’t need more than the basic functionalities. The ample storage provided, which is more than you might need initially, is a good addition.
If you require more functionalities, however, you might want to compute all the add-ons you’ll need before deciding to go with the platform. As mentioned above, the add-ons can pile up and swell up your total bill. Also, if an affordable hosting provider is all you’re looking for, some platforms might offer a more practical solution.